1. No refunds after entry is submitted. Vet and medical releases must be made online and emailed to email@example.com and must be received prior to the pre-entry deadline. (Refund will be 50% of the total entry fee, stalls and shavings for each horse or contestant. Processing fee is non-refundable. All vet out and medical release refunds will be processed back to the card that was originally used for the entry. Any changes made to an entry once it’s received will be subject to a $20 change fee.
2. Dress Code and Hat rule will be enforced. Dress code is defined at a shirt with a raised collar (it may be long or short sleeve), western hat, and heels down type of boot. Failure to wear full dress code will result in a No Time. Hat must be on contestant’s head and remain there until contestant enters the alley. Approved safety helmet may be used in place of a hat.
3. Anyone losing their hat during their run will be assessed a $20 hat fine. Fines must be paid when claiming hat. PLEASE Secure your hat, we don’t like collecting this fee anymore than you like paying it, but stopping the race to collect a hat, takes time.
4. Horse & Rider substitutions must be made in the Show Office 2 hours before your run. All substitutions must be made before your first run. In other words, you can not make your first run, and then substitute a horse or rider for your second run. Horse substitutions $20 – Rider substitutions $149 plus $25 processing fee, late fee of $20 if substitution is made after the pre-entry deadline. Any incentives entered with the original rider, WILL NOT automatically carry over and are forfeited.
5. No switching of draw positions.
6. All reruns will be at the decision of the Arena Director. Rerun will be on a fresh drag. Arena Director’s decisions are FINAL. Any penalties incurred during the original run will be applied to the rerun. A horse falling during the run will not receive a rerun.
7. Failure to answer 3 gate calls in 60 seconds, will result in an Official scratch, no excuses. Horse AND Rider MUST be in the holding area in the drag prior to their run. All contestants must enter the arena from the holding pen/area, and will not be allowed to make their run by entering the alley from the warm up pen.
8. A horse/rider combination may enter the race twice. More than one person will be allowed to ride the same horse. (This is a variation of the family rule. We believe it to be fairer and another way of leveling the playing field. This will eliminate the scenario of one family having an incredible horse and allowing multiple family members to ride the same horse without giving others the same opportunity. This rule has been an incredibly hard rule to enforce in the past and this should make things simpler.) The same horse/rider combination may not be entered in the same session twice (unless there are no openings available in another section.) You may enter as many horses as you wish.
9. Contestants will receive a no time for knocking over a barrel or breaking the pattern.
10. A roll of the dice between contestants tied will handle tie for awards. High number wins. Should all contestants involved in the tie not be present, the ones present will participate and a Win$More staff member will roll for the one(s) not present.
11. $20.00 late fee per person if online entry is not received by the entry deadline. Late entries at the show will be $25 and must be received before the last 50 horses run and must be paid in cash or by credit card. Late entries will run after all pre-entries. Late fee of $20 will apply to any Incentive Class entered or added after the main entry has been submitted and they must be entered prior to your run.
12. RACE FORMAT – This is one race ran over a three-day period in which you can enter the same horse twice, but each entry must be in a different session. Your second entry is free (on the same horse). Given that this is a limited entry race, and if you don’t enter your second run at the time you enter your first one, we can not guarantee that run positions will be available should you decided to take advantage of your free entry at a later time. 2nd runs that are added at a later time are subject to the posted late fee. In the event a race session has unused entry spaces available but remaining sections are full, the producer reserves the right to make adjustments as needed in order to accommodate contestants entry needs. However, under NO circumstances will the total number of entries exceed the limited number of total entries advertised…. (a total number of 900 entries equaling 1800 runs).
13. PAYOUT – This is a guaranteed payback race run on a 6-D format with ½ splits across the board as such: 1-D, fastest time of the race; 2-D, fastest time of the race plus one-half second (.5 second); 3-D, fastest time of the race plus one second; 4-D, fastest time of the race plus one and a half second, 5-D, fastest time of the race plus two seconds; 6-D, fastest time of the race plus two and ½ seconds. If all placings in a division(s) are not filled, remaining placings will not be paid. There will be 15 places paid in each division. Win checks will be available at the conclusion of the show once a contestant fills out a current W9. Checks not picked up at the show will be mailed once we receive a W-9 approx 10 business days following the conclusion of the show. For exact payout, see the show flyer
14. Incentive Races will be governed by a 4D format with ½ (.5) second splits and a 75% payback split EQUALLY among each division. Each contestant can enter as many as three Incentive Races (one rider and one horse category, plus the Big Spender incentive) per entry in the open 6-D race. Times from your 6-D run will automatically be carried over to the Incentive Races; however, you will only have to make one run. A contestant may enter an incentive race up to two hours before their run (late fee will apply). If all placings in a division are not filled, remaining placings will be divided proportionally between the other divisions.
15. A PBRIP side pot will be offered in a 4D format with ½ (.5) second splits and an 80% payback to paint horses who are members of the APHA and the PBRIP. This will be split equally among each division. The side pot will have $2500 added to the 4D and another $1000 payable to the top 3 Texas Bred Paint horses and will be paid out by the APHA association. Owner and rider must be current members and there will be entry forms available at the show if you need to join or renew your memberships.
15. Negative coggins required. Health papers if applicable. Be prepared to show.
16. Once a contestant has entered the competition gate they must maintain a forward motion. Under no circumstances will a contestant be allowed to intentionally circle their horse once they have entered the alley. Such circling will result in a disqualification and a no time.
17. Contestants MUST check in with the show office before their run should the posted draw note ‘Must See Office’ under the horse name. Anyone not checking in will be disqualified.
18. Car Rules – Twenty-Seven (27) keys will be awarded to start the cars and will be distributed as follows: The top three placings in each division (D) will receive a key/fob for a chance to start the car. Should there be a tie for 3rd place in any of the D’s, a roll of the dice will determine which contestant will receive a key (High number wins).
In addition, as ‘wildcards’ there will be a random drawing from each section for a total of five (5) extra chances. If the session is full or sold out, then the drawing will occur during that session, sometime between run 100-150. If the session is not full, then the existing contestants that are entered in that session, prior to that sessions start, will be eligible for the drawing which will be done during that session.*
*NOTE: CONTESTANTS WHOSE NAME IS CALLED FOR A KEY DURING THE SESSION, WILL HAVE TEN (10) MINUTES TO CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER, IN PERSON, TO CLAIM THEIR KEY. ANYONE NOT CLAIMING THEIR KEY WITHIN THE ALLOTTED TIME WILL FORFEIT, AND THE NEXT ELIGIBLE PERSON WILL BE CALLED. THEY WILL THEN HAVE TEN (10) MINUTES TO CLAIM THEIR KEY.
The final four (4) keys will be awarded to the winner of each D of The Big Spender Incentive. Only one key will start the car and the contestant whose key/fob starts or opens the car will win the car. The contestant winning the car will be responsible for all Taxes, Licensing Fees and if required by the dealership, documentation fees. All paperwork and associated fees will be processed through and paid to the automobile dealership and must be taken care of prior to taking possession of the car along with proof of insurance and must be completed within seven (7) business days following the conclusion of the event. In the event that a minor possesses the winning key, a parent or legal guardian must be present with the minor to accept liability of ownership on their behalf.
CONTESTANTS WHO WIN A KEY/CHANCE FOR THE CAR MUST APPEAR IN PERSON WITHIN TEN (10) MINUTES FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THE RACE AND MUST BE IN DRESS CODE, TO TRY THEIR KEY. STANDINS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. NO EXCEPTIONS. SHOULD A CONTESTANT NOT APPEAR WITHIN THE ALLOTED TEN (10) MINUTES, THEY WILL FORFEIT THEIR CHANCE AT STARTING THE CAR AND AN ADDITIONAL CONTESTANT MAY OR MAYNOT BE CALLED TO FILL THEIR SPOT. SHOULD ONE BE CALLED, THEY WILL THEN HAVE TEN (10) MINUTES IN WHICH TO APPEAR IN PERSON (IN DRESS CODE) TO CLAIM THEIR KEY.
Copyright WinMore Productions 2016